Krohn Clinic is looking for a motivated and energetic individual to serve as our Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for maintaining a safe, neat and clean appearance of the grounds, building, and parking lots of the clinic.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with management to oversee maintenance (environmental services) staff. Monitors workflow to ensure work is performed timely and accurately.
• Ensures the building and grounds are in good repair, safe, neat and clean, sanitary, and conducive to the delivery of quality patient care.
• Responsible for all facilities, building equipment, grounds. Ensures that routine maintenance is performed.
• Negotiates, coordinates, and monitors all maintenance contracts with outside vendors. Calls vendors and outside service persons from established list of providers as needed.
• Maintains records of cyclical maintenance projects all maintenance contracts with outside vendors.
• Reviews the clinic’s energy consumption and makes recommendations to increase efficiency.
• Works closely with administration on all building projects, including direct repair, construction, renovation performed by building services staff; informs of any unsafe items or conditions and makes recommendations about new equipment.
• Reviews and evaluates clinic’s security policies and procedures. Testing and record logging of alarm system. On call for emergency calls from alarm company and clinic. Makes recommendations for changes to ensure a safe environment for patients and employees.
• Works with purchasing department to maintain an adequate inventory of maintenance supplies, i.e., filters, plumbing parts, and cleaning supplies. Ensures best pricing of items purchased.
• Works with management and assists in interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, coaching, and disciplining employees as needed.
• Maintains the integrity of highly confidential patient and clinic information.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work with various machines and equipment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Integrity and confidentiality are essential
• Adaptability and Creativity
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Multi-tasking skills
• Advanced degree in maintenance or related field is preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of two years of previous maintenance experience is required. Supervisory experience in a maintenance role or carpentry is preferred. Previous HVAC experience is preferred. Must be able to perform a wide variety of cleaning and general maintenance tasks.
• Utilizes various hand tools, power drill, electric saw, lawnmower, weed eater, and snow blower.
Why choose Krohn Clinic?
• Unsurpassed benefits
• Family friendly working environment
Physical/Mental Demands: Work is performed in a variety of work environments including outside and in an office. Regular exposure to dirt and dust, moderate lifting and moving of boxes, trash receptacles, and other objects. Outdoor exposure to temperature extremes for grounds maintenance. Frequent exposure to mechanical equipment (power tools, lawn equipment, HVAC, etc.). This is a full-time position with hours of work that are generally during regular business hours. There will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines, employee and clinic needs, and other concerns.