At Krohn Clinic, we are committed to delivering outstanding and comprehensive medical care – delivered locally with compassion, to the entire Jackson County area and beyond.
Krohn Clinic is looking for a motivated and energetic individual who would be responsible to maintain patient files and perform work within one or more of the functional areas within HIM duties including transcription support. The department is undergoing development as we transition in this exciting age of medicine and electronic medical records and technology, while maintaining our primary commitment to the healthcare of our patients and community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review patient records for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. Insure accuracy with use of proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure as well as medical jargon and abbreviations.
• Insure provider created documents are available for review and signature, making corrections or changes as noted.
• Assist HIM Manager in monitoring dictation is current. Works in the dictation systems regularly to ensure reports and correspondence are moved through the pending queue and documentation is distributed from the dictation system appropriately.
• Responds to customer requests in a friendly, prompt and caring manner, always maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and respect.
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining electronic medical records as well as perform a variety of clerical duties including release of information, referral management and switchboard operator.
• Maintains the integrity of highly confidential patient and clinic information.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong computer and technical skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Integrity and confidentiality are essential
• Adaptability and Creativity
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Multi-tasking skills
Why choose Krohn Clinic?
• Unsurpassed benefits
• Family friendly working environment
Physical/Mental Demands: Work is performed in a pleasant office environment. This is a full-time position with hours of work that are generally during regular business hours. There will be some variation in work hours due to employee shift schedules, special projects, deadlines, employee and clinic needs, and other concerns.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job, and it is not an employment contract. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Director of Clinic Services. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.