How do I Participate in a TeleVisit?
The first step is to call and schedule it with your provider
For many people today, telemedicine is a convenient and effective way to see their healthcare provider. Before beginning your TeleVisit, make sure that you:
- Have an active Patient Portal account, with username and password
- Set aside a secure, private location
To begin your Televisit, follow these easy steps:
- “Arrive early” ( up to 30 minutes prior to the appointment time) by logging in to your Patient Portal. If you can’t access the Portal, you can also begin your appointment through the reminder link sent to your email, or recieve a text message with a secure appointment link.
- Click “Join TeleVisit” in your patient dashboard (or email reminder).
- Fill out any patient questionnaire, and provide requested personal information.
- Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit. If your computer does not have a webcam (most do), you will need to attach one.
- Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room.
- Your physician will begin the face-to-face TeleVisit, and disconnect when the visit ends.
***If you experience any technical problems or have questions about the TeleVisit process, please contact our appointment staff at (715) 284-1900